Saturday 12 May 2012

Yet another woolly weekend ...

Yes, decidedly chilly again, so a chance to air this mossy green sweater, knit from New Lanark wool (probably the Woodland colour, but I did get it a while ago so it might have changed). The pattern is my own concoction, combining the top part of the Sweet n Seamless sweater from Not Your Mama's Knitting  (but with longer sleeves and wider neck and garter stitch in place of rib) with the bottom section of the Lorelei tank featured in the Yarnplay book. This bottom section is knit as a long strip with four decorative eyelet bands across it, then the edges are joined,  the tube turned vertical, and stitches picked up round the top ready to knit the top and the raglan sleeves (does that make any sense at all??) It was fun to knit, I liked thinking how to fit these two patterns I liked together. I hadn't worn it much, but thanks again to Me-Made May, I've got it out and found a way I like to wear it! The scarf is a charity shop find, and has a lovely old rosish print on it ... and the ironing board I bought at the supermarket on Sunday so's I can have it up next to the  sewing machine (I also bought a very large new pasta pan as it was going cheap ... I also got a few funny looks as I staggered home with my purchases ...)





No comments:

Post a Comment