Saturday 12 May 2012

Pub night ...

Unusually for me, Thursday night (or at least the straight-from-work earlier part of the evening) was spent in the pub. Having caught the 23 bus for a ridiculously short ride up the road due to the pissing rain, I met my other half and my brother for a much needed pint and one or two packets of crisps. All most enjoyable. My dress is a very simple A-line shift, from a pattern made from the bodice block I drafted during a term of dressmaking evening classes a couple of years ago (the class was great, but I sadly was not at that time in the evening after a day at work ...). 

 



I got the fabric from the first Knit n Stitch Show I  attended, a magic day out at Alexandria Palace with my cousin and her daughter (and a shopping trolley ... and a substantial picnic ... and several flasks of tea ...). It's a very soft viscose I think, and lovely to wear, but if I made it again now I'd do something to firm it up a bit. I really do like the colours and print and I might, just might, get round to remaking  it one day(yeah, and the proverbial pigs might fly ...)


No comments:

Post a Comment