Sunday 20 May 2012

Bus travel

Last weekend was super busy, with an extra day's work on Sunday ... but at least starting late enough that I could catch the bus into town with my dear other half. Quite aside from the pleasure of his charming company, it meant he could take this photo of me in my flowery green dress, pretending to peruse the bus timetable ...



The dress is another incarnation of the 'coffee date dress pattern' from Burda, this time made out of a lovely weighty brushed cotton fabric, very kindly given me by an elderly volunteer at work, who turned up with a whole bagful of stuff (including the sea green lining for this too)when I said I was doing some dressmaking. I love the colours and sheer floweriness of this dress. I'm also very fond of the zip bag I'm carrying; I bought it in a Gap sale for £2 a long, long time ago, having deemed it sadly far too costly when I saw it several weeks before. And my matching brolly is another favourite charity shop find; it reminds me of a black one I bought in a proper old brolly shop in London  with birthday money from my dad ... sadly that one got its lovely wooden tip shut in the door of a commuter train (I'm sure the proper old brolly shop would have done repairs, but I never got round to taking it in). And finally, I'm really rather fond of bus travel ... as long as it's not rush hour ... and I get to sit at the very front once in a while ...




No comments:

Post a Comment