Saturday 12 May 2012

WIP

My current sewing project is a dress from this Simplicity pattern, which has been in a frame on the wall for a couple of years now, and I finally thought I'm going to have to see what that comes out like! 



I made this muslin from an old curtain. I have plans to salvage the skirt part, as I have a weakness for the floral, but even I have to admit a whole dress is too much (fortunately the fabric's too badly flawed in the bodice part anyway, or I might have been tempted ...)



I was pleasantly surprised by the fit, and I'm currently in the process of constructing it carefully (my first attempt at a muslin underlining for the bodice; added side pockets inspired by A Dress A Day.)

 

The fabric is from this amazing shop in Paris, where they had five huge floors of cloth of every description, and another entire shop full of remnants ... thank goodness for stringent hand baggage  allowances ... exercising restraint was VERY hard! 


No comments:

Post a Comment