Monday 7 May 2012

Weekend wear ...

This has included, with monotonous regularity, jeans and plaid shirts,  with the waterproof I made from this pattern, originally purchased 20 years ago (yikes!) to sew maternity wear prior to the birth of my son. 


I made the original jacket from soft khaki moleskin cotton, lined in black, and was very pleased with the result, having made a nice neat job of it (for once!) I don't know where it is now, I hope I stowed it away somewhere! Anyway, when I  needed a light waterproof garment in a hurry to take on holiday, and Croftmill had some incredibly cheap ex Henri Lloyd waterproof fabric, I decided to have another go at this pattern. Unfortunately, sewing it in haste meant it ended up a bit more sketchy than the original version (I skipped the pockets, and didn't line it so as to keep it very light and packable), but I still rather like it: without a big bump, the full shape feels nice and 'swingy' and allows for extra layers, and it's truly waterproof. Nevertheless, it may eventually be superceded by something sewn from this pattern just purchased from Shelleyville (and intriguingly stamped 'Yankee Stadium'!)




Here is the waterproof, and me in it, posing with a courgette plant which should have been en route to the allotment, but as it's still awfy chilly ended up in the care of my friendly garden gnomes in the greenhouse instead ...










 

No comments:

Post a Comment