Saturday 5 May 2012

Warts and all ...

Now this is frankly a truly shocking piece of knitting, but I am fond of it, as it was one of the first things I made for myself, and it's all knit from odds and ends of wool, which might not otherwise have got used, and I really like the colours. I didn't actually register quite what a mess I'd made of picking up the stitches for the neck and armhole bands until I dug it out again recently! Anyway, the pattern, knitty Leftovers is great and I like the fit, so perhaps one day I'll have another go at it (although I may well be tempted by this 1940s pattern to use up my next lot of scraps ...)Wednesday was a day at home, sewing my current project (an attempt to do a dress properly ... with lining ... and no fraying seams ...), catching up with family, and going to a school parents night, to which I wore a jacket to save youngest daughter embarrassment over my curious sweater ...





Talking of curious knitted items, my cousin has this wonderful book, Everday Knitting, about knitted items rescued from commercial wool recycling, and lovingly photographed:





No comments:

Post a Comment