Sunday 20 May 2012

Monochrome Monday ...

I shall be very British now, and talk about the weather, which has been varying shades of grey and cold and grey and wet and grey and windy for most of the month it seems. Certainly for long enough for the colourlessness of it all to end up reflected in my choice of this outfit to start the week. I drafted the pattern for the black A line skirt, which I like to think is actually a bit more stylish than this awful photo suggests (I took it just before leaving work; it had been a long afternoon; I was very tired ...). 



Admittedly the fabric is rather polyestery (I'd managed to convince myself it was almost a wool crepe, but it's not, although this does make it very 'wash n wear'), but I made a very neat job of the lining and top stitching the front centre seam, though I say it myself as shouldn't! I also had my black leather bag that day, made from a cast off black leather jacket, with a big orange button I found ... quite possibly the only spot of colour on a very dull Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment