Saturday 5 May 2012

Another woolly ...

I'm really, really enjoying the way Me-Made May is making me get out all the stuff I've made and think of different ways to wear it. I wanted to wear trousers on Friday (because I was cycling and was feeling lazy about changing when I got to work)and I wasn't sure the jumper was ok with them, but by the end of the day had decided  this was an outfit I liked a lot. The jumper pattern is the 'sweet n seamless' from Not Your Mamas Knitting. This is a great pattern for me: it fits well (although for this one I made the neck a bit wider and the sleeves longer), and I don't have any seams to mess up. I copied the fairisle pattern from a book about traditional Scottish knitting which my mum has in her caravan; the brown wool came from Ardlanish Organic Farm and was a birthday present from her. The contrast colours were, guess what?, a charity shop purchase and an oddment from another sweater ...



No comments:

Post a Comment