Monday 21 May 2012

A new top

I've been working away on my magnum opus, aka Simplicity 5238 and on Sunday, decided that I'd been so good at trying to do it all properly, that I was due some instant gratification. I got the facings and zip ready to slip stitch and tack respectively in front of the telly one evening later in the week:




 Then had great fun sewing up this nifty blouse from Sewing Vintage :


I skipped the fancy neckline details, though they're lovely (I was after really instant gratification ...), and made it out of a heavy silky polka dot fabric, which I suspect was intended as a lining material. And I'm delighted with the end result! Dead simple, but a really nice, useful, alternative to a t-shirt.



And it means I'll have something to wear with trousers for  Me-Made May!

No comments:

Post a Comment