Saturday 5 May 2012

Is this cheating?

Having read some other people's Me-Made May pledges, I realise I perhaps should have been more accurate. I think I said I'd wear a me-made item every day, and kind of assumed that one 'wears' bags of various kinds, so I'd count them ... Anyway here are a couple, sitting on the kitchen table ready for me to take to work. I made up the crochet handbag pattern (using the bobbles from a hat pattern which will probably feature in a later post)to use some charity shop odd balls, and I've always liked the grey and red together, and the slightly fluffy vs crepe (crepey?)  textures. It's lined with a bit of grey silk  I got years ago from the mother of an old family friend. It was a lovely and poignant bag of bits, with salmon pink silk left over from slips, beautiful British wool mens'suiting, and hemmed linen runners waiting to be darned. The cloth lunchbag is one of a pair I made from a gingham school dress ... making some more is on the 'to do' list.



The cardigan and shirt were both charity shop finds; the cardi was on the £1 rail ... it always upsets me to see something someone must have spent a long time making reduced to that! Still, it has a happy home with me: I wear it a lot as it's cosy and comfortable, and the stitch pattern has a nice 1940s feel (not to mention the freezing May weather ... 0 degrees this morning!) Back to the lunchbag, lunchtime that day included a quick dash up to the nearby charity shop to collect this lovely sewing box which I bought the other day (but couldn't carry ...) This is it stowed under my desk at work ... I may have to leave it there till eldest daughter flys the nest as she'll want to pinch it for her make up!!


No comments:

Post a Comment